Hamilton complains about W11: 'The balance was not right'
By Srihari HS 31 July 2020 | 19:42
Lewis Hamilton was not satisfied with his car today. The six-time world champion came 'only' fifth in the second free practice, and he attributed this to the balance problems with the Mercedes W11 at Silverstone.
"It was a good day in itself, but the wind made it quite difficult today. We find it especially difficult to find a good balance. It is currently not in order and as I would have liked. I am not happy with it. But it wasn't a disaster either!" the world champion explained his trouble with driving during the FP2.
But he is hopeful for the rest of the weekend. "The wind threw a spanner in the works today, but tomorrow it will be different. I expect that we will look better tomorrow," the Mercedes driver concluded. (Photo: Mercedes AMG F1 Media)
- 11:22 Steiner puts focus on Mercedes: "They gave data to Racing Point while that is not allowed"
- 11:13 Verstappen explains tire strategy: "That's why I wanted to go for the hardest option"
- 08/08 Update | Bottas disagrees with Wolff about Verstappen's strategy: "Good tire for the race"
- 08/08 Update | Verstappen after different strategy: "It will certainly not be bad tomorrow"
- 08/08 Hülkenberg describes feelings after a great P3 in qualifying as: "Madhouse!"