Pérez reacts after postive test: "Was in Mexico for two days"
By Robert McGillivray 31 July 2020 | 11:18
By means of a video message, Sergio Pérez informs us that he is doing well under the circumstances. The driver tested positive for COVID-19 on Thursday and may have contracted this during a short trip to Mexico: he visited his mother last week after she had a serious accident.
"I'm very sorry that I can't participate. I followed all the instructions of the FIA and the team," explains Pérez, who was in the South American country for two days: "When my mother left the hospital after a serious accident, I immediately went there".
Mexico is not the safest place as far as corona is concerned: so far the country has more than 416,000 confirmed corona cases and almost 50,000 deaths. Chances are that the Mexican has contracted COVID-19 in his homeland. (Photo: Racing Point F1)
Pérez' reaction after corona contamination
- 11:22 Steiner puts focus on Mercedes: "They gave data to Racing Point while that is not allowed"
- 11:13 Verstappen explains tire strategy: "That's why I wanted to go for the hardest option"
- 08/08 Update | Bottas disagrees with Wolff about Verstappen's strategy: "Good tire for the race"
- 08/08 Update | Verstappen after different strategy: "It will certainly not be bad tomorrow"
- 08/08 Hülkenberg describes feelings after a great P3 in qualifying as: "Madhouse!"