Vettel about difficult year Ferrari: 'still have passion and dedication'
By Srihari HS 30 July 2020 | 18:30
Sebastian Vettel will leave Ferrari after this season, but he is sorry that the Italian Scuderia has a challenging year ahead. During the press conference, he explicitly looked to the future and said that he is weighing his options.
"I have previously said that if an opportunity arises, I would like to continue. I still have a lot to offer, but it also depends on my options. The regulatory revolution could lead to change, but we don't know that yet, of course," Vettel said, as per Formula1.nl.
"I've been around for a long time. I know a lot of people. Whatever my decision, it will be the right decision for me. You never know what the future holds, but I want to be convinced that the choice is the right one for me," the German added. "Good things cannot be rushed, so I cannot say when I come with news. Time will tell."
Still passion at Ferrari
The German driver was also asked whether he is happy to leave the sinking ship. The driver is clear about that: he is always committed and sees that passion is still prevalent within the team. "I am still part of this team. We have had good and bad years, this year is another challenging year," Vettel admitted. (Source: Ferrari F1 Media)
- 11:22 Steiner puts focus on Mercedes: "They gave data to Racing Point while that is not allowed"
- 11:13 Verstappen explains tire strategy: "That's why I wanted to go for the hardest option"
- 08/08 Update | Bottas disagrees with Wolff about Verstappen's strategy: "Good tire for the race"
- 08/08 Update | Verstappen after different strategy: "It will certainly not be bad tomorrow"
- 08/08 Hülkenberg describes feelings after a great P3 in qualifying as: "Madhouse!"