Verstappen: ‘It is not a matter of having this resolved in a week’
By Srihari HS 30 July 2020 | 18:20
“That really cannot be said,” said Verstappen, quoted by Formula1.nl, at the press conference before the British GP. “It could be two tenths, half a second, a whole second...”
And it is not easily made up for, the Dutchman continues. Not even with improvements to the RB16. “It remains to be seen how much progress they make,” says Verstappen. Either way, he emphasizes, “It’s not a matter of resolving this within a week.”
Match with father Jos
Verstappen starts his 106th Formula 1 race at Silverstone. This brings him to the same level as father Jos Verstappen, who drove just as many races between 1994 and 2003. But Verstappen junior is not interested in that starts. “My father really doesn’t care, and I don’t care. It’s better than zero starts,” he laughs.
But it remains to be seen how much progress they make, says Verstappen. Either way, he stresses, “It’s not a matter of just resolving this in a week.”
- 11:22 Steiner puts focus on Mercedes: "They gave data to Racing Point while that is not allowed"
- 11:13 Verstappen explains tire strategy: "That's why I wanted to go for the hardest option"
- 08/08 Update | Bottas disagrees with Wolff about Verstappen's strategy: "Good tire for the race"
- 08/08 Update | Verstappen after different strategy: "It will certainly not be bad tomorrow"
- 08/08 Hülkenberg describes feelings after a great P3 in qualifying as: "Madhouse!"