Raikkonen hungry for first points of 2020: "Upcoming two races should be successful"
By Robert McGillivray 28 July 2020 | 03:00
Kimi Raikkonen has his sights set on his first points finish of 2020. The oldest Formula 1 driver in the current field is one of the four drivers who have not yet scored any points this season, but the Finn hopes to change that.
"The first races of this season have not been ideal in terms of results, but it seems to be heading in the right direction", Raikkonen is quoted by the official website of Formula 1. "We have figured out what we need to improve, hopefully, we can bring some solutions to Silverstone".
"Anyway, we have seen that on Sunday we can fight with other cars in midfield. We're confident that we can score points in the next two races," continued the Alfa Romeo Racing driver.
A strong qualifying session is necessary for a good result
It has been an obstacle for Alfa Romeo in 2020 that it is not strong in qualifying. The cars of the Swiss-based team regularly get stuck in Q1. This doesn't make the races any easier for the drivers. "But at least we are competitive on Sunday," says Raikkonen. "If we can get a good qualifying result, we can fight for a place in the top ten." (Photo: Alfa Romeo Racing F1 Media)
- 12/10 Marko is eager to take over Honda engines: "Need a decision from the FIA"
- 12/10 Honda praises Verstappen: "He is able to achieve stable results"
- 12/10 Albon after DNF: "I wasn't very happy with my race"
- 12/10 Marko: "Had Vettel made a proposal, but he wanted to go to Aston Martin"
- 11/10 Verstappen happy with P2: 'Mercedes was too fast'.