Williams ambitious: "Will do everything I can to make George a World Champion"
By Tomas Mota 25 July 2020 | 18:15
Claire Williams is very positive about George Russell as a driver on her team. She sees the Brit as a World Champion in the making who has the same qualities as the drivers who have performed well with Williams in the past.
Russell is said to have "one hundred percent" the same qualities as Damon Hill, Nigel Mansell and Keke Rosberg, Williams said in the F1 Nation podcast. "I'm going to do everything I can to make George a world champion at Williams. He has his own personality, but when it comes to talent, it is certainly good. I am very pleased that he drives for our team."
Williams continues: "He has learned that a driver must be able to carry a team on his hands, especially at times when things are not going well. The fact that he started with a team that is currently not going well, ultimately makes him stronger. He didn't have it easy last season, but that only makes him a better driver for the future." (Photo: Williams F1 Media)
- 12/10 Marko is eager to take over Honda engines: "Need a decision from the FIA"
- 12/10 Honda praises Verstappen: "He is able to achieve stable results"
- 12/10 Albon after DNF: "I wasn't very happy with my race"
- 12/10 Marko: "Had Vettel made a proposal, but he wanted to go to Aston Martin"
- 11/10 Verstappen happy with P2: 'Mercedes was too fast'.