Horner: ‘Never expected that Vettel would be pushed aside like that’
By Srihari HS 08 July 2020 | 09:13
Christian Horner was amazed at how abruptly Sebastian Vettel was pushed aside by Ferrari. The Red Bull Racing team boss saw how the man who won four titles for the team, was not even allowed to enter the contract negotiations.
“We never expected Seb to be pushed aside so rudely. We share so many good memories; we won 34 races together. It would be a real shame if he left Formula 1,” the Brit told ServusTV.
Is there a future for Vettel at Red Bull?
The next question is, what exactly Vettel will do? Horner: “We currently have two drivers who are doing very well. In addition, we never expected that Vettel would be shown the door and that we would suddenly be able to use his services.”
“Max Verstappen and Seb are both excellent drivers who both have an eye for cooperation. But the timing is totally unexpected for Vettel and the rest of Formula 1,” he concludes. Undoubtedly Red Bull would like to take back Vettel. But it is unlikely to happen. (Photo: Red Bull Content Pool / Getty Images)
- 11:22 Steiner puts focus on Mercedes: "They gave data to Racing Point while that is not allowed"
- 11:13 Verstappen explains tire strategy: "That's why I wanted to go for the hardest option"
- 08/08 Update | Bottas disagrees with Wolff about Verstappen's strategy: "Good tire for the race"
- 08/08 Update | Verstappen after different strategy: "It will certainly not be bad tomorrow"
- 08/08 Hülkenberg describes feelings after a great P3 in qualifying as: "Madhouse!"