Verstappen has ‘no problems’ with Vettel as team mate
By Srihari HS 07 July 2020 | 10:17
Max Verstappen and Christian Horner showed an understanding of Sebastian Vettel’s situation during an interview with Austrian Servus-TV. The German, who was also a guest at the live show, will lose his seat at Ferrari from 2021. The Dutchman said he has no problems in collaborating with the four-time world champion.
“Two winners in one team could work,” says the Dutchman, who currently occupies the seats of Red Bull together with Alexander Albon. “Just like then with Daniel (Ricciardo) and me. I would have no problem being teammates with Seb.”
Horner probably can’t help Vettel
Unfortunately for Vettel, his old team boss, Horner, is unlikely to help him find a seat. “Seb needs a good environment, but it’s hard to help now because we didn’t think he would be on the market. We didn’t expect Ferrari to treat him like that.”
Every now and then there is speculation about the German’s return to Red Bull Racing. However, as long as Albon is doing well, Horner and consultant Helmut Marko do not have any intention to change things. Unfortunately for Vettel, midfield may be the only option left. (Photo: Red Bull Content Pool / Getty Images)
- 11:22 Steiner puts focus on Mercedes: "They gave data to Racing Point while that is not allowed"
- 11:13 Verstappen explains tire strategy: "That's why I wanted to go for the hardest option"
- 08/08 Update | Bottas disagrees with Wolff about Verstappen's strategy: "Good tire for the race"
- 08/08 Update | Verstappen after different strategy: "It will certainly not be bad tomorrow"
- 08/08 Hülkenberg describes feelings after a great P3 in qualifying as: "Madhouse!"