Rosberg on Vettel: 'His four world titles no longer count'
By Srihari HS 06 July 2020 | 16:19
Nico Rosberg cannot believe that Sebastian Vettel is performing as he did during his Red Bull Racing years. The former world champion has critisized the performance of the Ferrari driver after the Austrian Grand Prix.
In his role as an analyst for the German television channel RTL, Rosberg says that Vettel no longer drives well enough. "In Formula 1, you're only as good as your last race, that's how you are judged by your own team, but also by the others." Rosberg fears that Vettel's mistakes will not make him popular with potential employers.
"Actually he starts from scratch now, he has to prove himself again. He can no longer use his four world championships as an argument, those titles no longer count. He has to prove in the next race that he deserves to drive in Formula 1," the former Mercedes driver said. (Photo: Ferrari Media)
- 11:22 Steiner puts focus on Mercedes: "They gave data to Racing Point while that is not allowed"
- 11:13 Verstappen explains tire strategy: "That's why I wanted to go for the hardest option"
- 08/08 Update | Bottas disagrees with Wolff about Verstappen's strategy: "Good tire for the race"
- 08/08 Update | Verstappen after different strategy: "It will certainly not be bad tomorrow"
- 08/08 Hülkenberg describes feelings after a great P3 in qualifying as: "Madhouse!"