Ecclestone hopes for a "super team" with Hamilton and Vettel: "Good for the sport"
By Tomas Mota 22 mei 2020 | 09:46
Bernie Ecclestone would love to see Sebastian Vettel leave for Mercedes after 2020. According to the former Formula 1 boss, both men would like this challenge and the "super team" would be good for the sport.
"I'd love to see that, Vettel at Mercedes. Of course I think it would be nice to see Vettel take on Lewis Hamilton, I think that would be good for Formula 1. It would be good for the sport and good for the spectators", the Brit says via RTL.
Two world champions at Mercedes
Could it cause problems, when having two world champions in one team? Not according to Ecclestone: "I think they can easily go through one door. It is not a question of putting two egos side by side, they are both both extremely talented. It would be a "super team"."
"I don't see a scenario in which Lewis is worried and I know Sebastian would think it would be spectacular to be able to challenge his rival", he concludes. Both men would be able to settle with each other on the asphalt. (Photo: Red Bull Content Pool / Getty Images)
- 01/06 FIA develops anti-cheating system for the new budget ceiling
- 01/06 Horner on Mercedes reluctance: "Hamilton's title chances in jeopardy if sprint races are introduced"
- 01/06 "I’m going to get hammered for this, but Vettel’s best year was 2019"
- 01/06 Kubica: "How smart is Verstappen remains to be seen when he gets close to a title"
- 01/06 Racing at Monza continues, contract extended to 2025