Hamilton: How can we start in Austria as if it is the eleventh race?
By Srihari HS 22 mei 2020 | 09:43
Lewis Hamilton wants to start the season as if he were in the middle of it. The six-time world champion reluctantly dives into the simulator to prepare himself for a season start in Austria, where he immediately wants to show his best side.
To show up on the Red Bull Ring as strongly as possible, the Brit must keep busy. The simulator is the primary tool for this: “I want to arrive, and I think we all need to make sure that we arrive utilising the tools we have. I probably will get in the simulator, which I don’t really always love.”
“But utilising those tools to make sure that when we come to that first race, we hit the ground running ready as if we’ve not missed any of these races,” the Mercedes driver continued. Hamilton understands that his competitors spend a lot of time in the simulator. In order not to be out of place, he has to work himself.
“I was like, ‘how can we arrive in Austria as if that is the [11th] race’? How can we arrive there like we’ve already done  races? That’s a real challenge. I don’t know if we’re going to be able to do it. But that’s a good goal to have,” he concluded according to The Race. (Photo: Red Bull Content Pool / Getty Images)
- 21:20 FIA develops anti-cheating system for the new budget ceiling
- 21:13 Horner on Mercedes reluctance: "Hamilton's title chances in jeopardy if sprint races are introduced"
- 17:54 "I’m going to get hammered for this, but Vettel’s best year was 2019"
- 17:33 Kubica: "How smart is Verstappen remains to be seen when he gets close to a title"
- 16:14 Racing at Monza continues, contract extended to 2025