Tost fears chaos at the start of the season: ‘Drivers must regain feeling’
By Srihari HS 21 mei 2020 | 20:37
Franz Tost fears that the beginning of the Formula 1 season will be chaotic. The AlphaTauri team boss said that if racing resumes in the first weekend of July, the entire Formula 1 would have stood still for six months. As a result, it will be difficult to pick up the thread again, he worries.
Tost has come up with an approach for his team: “I wanted the cars completely disassembled and then built up again like when we built up the first car. Then we have pit stop training to do, and I’m also worried about the drivers, as they have not sat in the car for such a long time,” says the team boss in conversation with Formula1.com.
Chaotic first race
The first Grand Prix weekend, for the time being in Austria, will also go chaotic, according to Tost. “I think this is the strategy from all the teams; you will see on Friday in FP1 in Austria, you will see many cars on track, you won’t have people to wait in the pit lane for a better track and more grip. All drivers will go out to get the feeling back for the speed, for the brakes, for going into the corners and so on.” the Austrian expects. (Photo: Red Bull Content Pool / Getty Images)
- 21:20 FIA develops anti-cheating system for the new budget ceiling
- 21:13 Horner on Mercedes reluctance: "Hamilton's title chances in jeopardy if sprint races are introduced"
- 17:54 "I’m going to get hammered for this, but Vettel’s best year was 2019"
- 17:33 Kubica: "How smart is Verstappen remains to be seen when he gets close to a title"
- 16:14 Racing at Monza continues, contract extended to 2025