Tost: "It's not that we can just ask more money from Red Bull'
By Tomas Mota 19 mei 2020 | 18:00
AlphaTauri team boss Franz Tost has expressed serious concern about the developments of the Formula 1 concept car in 2022. The Austrian predicts that it will be financially difficult to find a balance between racing in 2021 and the development of the new car.
"I'm very worried about next year. Although we can use more or less all parts of the current car in 2021, we must then design and produce the 2022 car. I have no idea how we are going to do this financially", he shares with Formula 1.
"Building such a project costs a lot of money, so we will see if everything works out. This is the decision that we are presented with, although would have preferred that change of regulation in 2023, but FOM and FIA have decided to do it that way. Now we have to make the most of it."
AlphaTauri cannot knock on Red Bull's door
"We have a business model that includes support from Red Bull Racing, but we still have to stay within budget. It is not that we can ask more money from Red Bull, we have to find ways to keep expenditure under control", Tost concludes. (Photo: Red Bull Content Pool / Getty Images)
- 21:20 FIA develops anti-cheating system for the new budget ceiling
- 21:13 Horner on Mercedes reluctance: "Hamilton's title chances in jeopardy if sprint races are introduced"
- 17:54 "I’m going to get hammered for this, but Vettel’s best year was 2019"
- 17:33 Kubica: "How smart is Verstappen remains to be seen when he gets close to a title"
- 16:14 Racing at Monza continues, contract extended to 2025