Dutchman Van Buren the fastest in All-Star eSports Battle
By Srihari HS 22 maart 2020 | 14:50
Rudy van Buren won the All-Star eSports Battle. The Dutchman stayed ahead of nineteen other drivers in the final and goes home with the honour and the prize pool.
Van Buren drove the fastest time in the second heat and thus qualified for the final. Nyck de Vries also came into action in that heat. The Formula E driver did not qualify for the final in that heat, and he failed in the second chance. In the final, Van Buren was allowed to start the race from P3. He caught up with his two predecessors in the second round and then kept Siggy just behind him. Job, the number three, touched Siggy and Van Buren reaped the benefits: he eventually drove to victory.
For a long time, it seemed that Max Verstappen would also enter the race. However, the Dutchman cancelled at the last minute, and instead of Saturday evening, he now comes into action on the simulator on Monday evening. That event can also be followed at F1Maximaal.nl.
- 09:45 Tost: "AlphaTauri is in a contractual situation that results in huge losses"
- 07/04 Canadian Grand Prix now the next suspended race due to coronavirus
- 07/04 F1 extends team shutdown by two weeks
- 07/04 Formula 1 agrees to token system for 2021 development
- 07/04 Why does F1 want to have two races per track?