F1 management wants to re-asphalt circuits to accelerate degradation
By Srihari HS 18 May 2018 | 16:29
Greg Maffei, Liberty Media’s CEO, told the Independent that the F1 management wants to ask a few circuits to resurface the tracks. The new layer should be such that it ensures faster degradation of the tyres. This, in turn, will encourage a multi-stop race that will increase the degree of spectacle in the sport.
In addition, a few circuits must be changed to make it easier to overtake. The ideas are a continuation of a previous plan by Bernie Ecclestone, who wanted to spray the circuits wet to create more action. That plan did not go through at the time. So, Liberty is focusing on the layout of the circuits and the surface of the track. Sports director Ross Brawn has been tasked with the implementation of this plan.
- 10:54 La Gazzetta dello Sport reveals details on Vettel's transfer to Aston Martin
- 09:49 Horner: "On average we're three to four-tenths behind Mercedes"
- 09:45 RTL Deutschland: Hülkenberg will drive for Racing Point this weekend
- 05/08 Ricciardo: "A lot of respect for how Verstappen has grown"
- 05/08 Update II | Decision on Racing Point expected on Friday