Marko talks aerodynamics 2019: 'Mercedes knows that it will hurt us if we start from zero'
By Srihari HS 17 May 2018 | 06:36
Helmut Marko suspects that Mercedes voted for the new aerodynamics of 2019 to thwart Red Bull’s progress. "Mercedes voted for the new rules because they are at the end of development with their aero concept. They want to start at zero because they know that would hurt us."
Marko believes that the current RB14 is the best car of the season, so it is no surprise he believes Mercedes wants to stop them. According to Auto Motor und Sport, Mercedes and Force India would have given their approval fifteen minutes before the expiry of the deadline. "We were against the idea at 60-40. Then we looked at the concept again and thought: 'This is useful'. We cannot veto everything," Wolff reasoned.
- 10:54 La Gazzetta dello Sport reveals details on Vettel's transfer to Aston Martin
- 09:49 Horner: "On average we're three to four-tenths behind Mercedes"
- 09:45 RTL Deutschland: Hülkenberg will drive for Racing Point this weekend
- 05/08 Ricciardo: "A lot of respect for how Verstappen has grown"
- 05/08 Update II | Decision on Racing Point expected on Friday