Video | Bottas had not 'seen' Vettel after pitstop
By Srihari HS 14 May 2018 | 11:19
Valtteri Bottas was lucky that Sebastian Vettel made the wrong call, otherwise the Finn would have lost his second place because he wasn't aggressive enough in the race. The Mercedes driver came on the track after his pitstop at the same time as Vettel but kept driving all the way to the right, while Vettel was catching up with Kevin Magnussen.
If Bottas was smarter and started to drive to the left, Vettel would not have had enough space to overtake and the Finn could have stayed ahead of him. 'I had not seen him', the Silver Arrows driver explained to Ziggo Sport afterwards.
Shouldn’t his engineer tell him that? "Engineer should not tell how to drive. You have to see that for yourself," former Dutch driver Robert Doornbos explained during the analysis on the TV.
- 10:54 La Gazzetta dello Sport reveals details on Vettel's transfer to Aston Martin
- 09:49 Horner: "On average we're three to four-tenths behind Mercedes"
- 09:45 RTL Deutschland: Hülkenberg will drive for Racing Point this weekend
- 05/08 Ricciardo: "A lot of respect for how Verstappen has grown"
- 05/08 Update II | Decision on Racing Point expected on Friday