Ricciardo explains spin after virtual safety car: 'Got too much gas too soon'
By Srihari HS 13 May 2018 | 18:36
Daniel Ricciardo had to spend a lot of time behind teammate Max Verstappen and Sebastian Vettel during the race. Apart from not having his tyres under control, the Australian suffered a spin just after the virtual safety car leading to a bigger gap with the front-runners.
"It was a little tricky today," Ricciardo acknowledged to Sky Sports. 'When I came out of the pit lane, three cars were fighting with me and that took some time. At the restart, after the virtual safety car, I went on the gas too early. This did not work with cold tires. That brought me into the no-man's-land. '
- 10:54 La Gazzetta dello Sport reveals details on Vettel's transfer to Aston Martin
- 09:49 Horner: "On average we're three to four-tenths behind Mercedes"
- 09:45 RTL Deutschland: Hülkenberg will drive for Racing Point this weekend
- 05/08 Ricciardo: "A lot of respect for how Verstappen has grown"
- 05/08 Update II | Decision on Racing Point expected on Friday