Ricciardo: 'We thought we would be a few tenths slower, not six'
By Srihari HS 12 May 2018 | 17:44
Daniel Ricciardo is unhappy with the big gap they have with Mercedes. "That's very unpleasant," RaceFans.net quoted him. "I thought we would’ve been a couple tenths from the pole, not six-tenths," the driver grumbled. "I don’t really know what I could’ve done more with what we had."
"And then the two one-thosandths of a gap [to Verstappen], yeah, that’s not nice either. But that’s what it is" he tries to accept the situation. According to the Australian, the softs were the best tyres for Red Bull so he opted for it in the second stint of Q3, while Max Verstappen went for the super soft.
“In Q3, I think we both put in a strong lap on the super-softs which wasn’t, I don’t think, our preferred tyre,” says Ricciardo. “I think that just the way the car’s feeling this weekend, I thought we were more comfortable on the softs. That’s why I went for that tyre in the second part of Q3.” The Australian explained.
- 10:54 La Gazzetta dello Sport reveals details on Vettel's transfer to Aston Martin
- 09:49 Horner: "On average we're three to four-tenths behind Mercedes"
- 09:45 RTL Deutschland: Hülkenberg will drive for Racing Point this weekend
- 05/08 Ricciardo: "A lot of respect for how Verstappen has grown"
- 05/08 Update II | Decision on Racing Point expected on Friday