Wolff surprised: 'Ferrari and RBR tyre tactics not logical, but interesting'
By Srihari HS 12 May 2018 | 17:27
Toto Wolff was happy that Mercedes cars claimed the entire first row of the grid at the Spanish Grand Prix tomorrow. But the Austrian thought it was important to take a moment to look at the different tyre strategy that Ferrari and Red Bull used during the qualifying race.
"The yellow tires are probably a tad quicker," Toto Wolff told Motorsport-Total.com. "You've seen that in Sebastian's mind, even if it's against all logic. It is not logical that the softs are faster than the super soft. But you have to experiment a bit, that's what the Ferraris did." (Photo: Mercedes AMG F1 Team)
- 10:54 La Gazzetta dello Sport reveals details on Vettel's transfer to Aston Martin
- 09:49 Horner: "On average we're three to four-tenths behind Mercedes"
- 09:45 RTL Deutschland: Hülkenberg will drive for Racing Point this weekend
- 05/08 Ricciardo: "A lot of respect for how Verstappen has grown"
- 05/08 Update II | Decision on Racing Point expected on Friday