Button hard on Ex-employer: 'it's difficult to challenge the big three'
By Srihari HS 09 May 2018 | 13:51
Jenson Button is not pleased with the fact that McLaren keeps claiming to have developed the best chassis in Formula One. According to the former McLaren driver, the Woking team’s current performance is disappointing only because of high expectations.
"The three big teams, it's difficult to challenge them at the moment and it's going to take a while," the 2009 world champion told SkySports."McLaren came out last year and this year and said they think they might have the best car. It's a tall order to have the best car in Formula 1 when you're racing against Ferrari and Mercedes and Red Bull. And I think we've seen that isn't the case."
"So you'd say the season so far is a disappointment but if they didn't say they had the best car you'd say it's a great season for them. They've made good steps, they're fourth in the constructors' standings, but because of what they said at the start of the year you say maybe it's not what we expected."
- 10:54 La Gazzetta dello Sport reveals details on Vettel's transfer to Aston Martin
- 09:49 Horner: "On average we're three to four-tenths behind Mercedes"
- 09:45 RTL Deutschland: Hülkenberg will drive for Racing Point this weekend
- 05/08 Ricciardo: "A lot of respect for how Verstappen has grown"
- 05/08 Update II | Decision on Racing Point expected on Friday